- Name: Stress and Coping Project
- Faculty Advisor: Peter Vitaliano
- Department(s): Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Area(s): Social and Personality, Behavioral Neuroscience, Quantitative Psychology, Animal Behavior
- Contact Person: Peter Vitaliano
- Email: email@example.com
DescriptionReview literature on research linking stressors, distress, vulnerabilities (personality, gender, age, ACEs, chronic illnesses) , and resources (social supports, coping, income).
Use a theoretical model of stress, (E x V)/R) to predict D (distress) and HB (health behaviors) that, in turn, will predict
Physiological Disregulation (SNS, cardiovascular, immune, metabolic) and, long term Illness.
We are currently working on several projects:
1. Meta Review of Population Studies of Caregiver Health and their limitations.
2. Transgender Health in response to psychological distress and health care,
3. Human-Dog Interactions, especially among Homeless Youth.
4. Kincare Grandmothers who are People of Color,
We are especially in need of students who have experience:
1. Background in Informatics to support our Meta Reviews of Research on Chronic Stress.
2. Experience in project coordination and management.
3. SPSS and data management.
Minimum RequirementsIntro to Psychology, Basic Statistics
Bonus for students who have taken class in Measurement and/or Stress and Coping